KG's Gluten Free recipes, etc.

My collection of Gluten Free recipes, experiments, experiences and thoughts. I'm not very chatty. Just using this to share these recipes with family & friends and keep track of my recipes and changes.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Gluten Free Pinwheel cookies

I took the sugar cookie recipe and divided into 2. In one half I added 1 tbs. of Hersey's special dark cocoa powder. I wrapped both halves in plastic and put in the fridge after kneading some more potato starch into them so they were less sticky.

After 2+ hours, I rolled out each half on plastic wrap to about 1/8" trying to make them both the same size. Then placed the chocolate portion onto the white portion and rolled them up like a jelly roll to make a spirol. Then I put this roll in the fridge.

After about 1-2 hours, I took it out & cut about 1/4" thick slices and baked them about 10-15' at 350F.

The chocolate really makes a good flavor & texture. Similiar to oreos. Probably could take this recipe, make it all chocolate with thinner slices, bake and frost with vanilla frosting to make oreo cookies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home