KG's Gluten Free recipes, etc.

My collection of Gluten Free recipes, experiments, experiences and thoughts. I'm not very chatty. Just using this to share these recipes with family & friends and keep track of my recipes and changes.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Gluten Free Coconut Haystacks

This is a very easy cookie made with commonly found ingredients. I didn't bother chopping the coconut in the food processor per directions on p. 297 of Bette Hagman's "GF Gourmet makes Dessert." (She's one of my favorite authors. If you're doing a lot of gluten free cooking you need to buy her books.)

10-15 minutes, 350F, 2 greased cookie sheets

Blend together (I used my hands) in medium large mixing bowl
  • One 14 oz pkg (4 cups) lightly packed coconut
  • 1/2 cup sugar

In small bowl beat till frothy

  • 2 eggs

Then combine eggs with coconut and mix thoroughly. Spoon out in 1" mounds on cookie sheets.

These cookies are very sticky. They wanted to stick to the pans. My bottoms browned more than my tops, but the cookies still tasted good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home