KG's Gluten Free recipes, etc.

My collection of Gluten Free recipes, experiments, experiences and thoughts. I'm not very chatty. Just using this to share these recipes with family & friends and keep track of my recipes and changes.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Toll house style cookies

These chocolate chip cookies are very nice, moist and not crumbly. They're like the ones my mom made us as kids. They're modified from Phyllis L. Potts recipe on page 96 of her book "Going against the Grain: Wheat-Free Cookery" isbn 0-9630479-0-6. I doubled the recipe, cut back on the margarine & sugar and bake it in a 13"x9" pan instead of doing drop cookies. I've been really busy with www.nanowrimo.com and am up to about 29,000 words. Only 21,000 words left to go. Baked 3 things this Wednesday; these chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin cookies and my sister's favorite carrot muffins. She says she likes the pumpkin cookies but I don't like them at all, but then I like tomato-garlic toast, Catalan style and she's not so much into that. Here's the best chocolate chip cookies in the world!

Toll house style chocolate cookies
Bake 325-350F for about 30-45 minutes or so. 13x9 pan or lasagne pan

Blend dry ingredients then set aside
  • 1 & 1/3 cup bean flour
  • 1 & 1/3 cup rice flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4 tsp Xanthan gum
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla powder

Cream together

  • 1 & 1/2 cup margarine
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar

Then add & mix in

  • 3 eggs

Then add dry ingredient blend and mix

Then add & mix in

  • about 6 oz or so mini chocolate chips
  • about 1 cup nuts (I like walnut)

Put in pan & bake

Made a batch up for my Sis's Birthday on 12/10, got interrupted after mixing so put mix in fridge, then made drop cookies later from the cold dough. Hung them on her door but the kids ate half of them before she could hide them. So made some more this week in bar form and gave them to her at the kids christmas concert on 12/14/06.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home