KG's Gluten Free recipes, etc.

My collection of Gluten Free recipes, experiments, experiences and thoughts. I'm not very chatty. Just using this to share these recipes with family & friends and keep track of my recipes and changes.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Gluten Free Play Dough

This simple 3 ingredient Gluten Free Play Dough recipe is over 20 years old. I don't even remember where I got it but I had handwritten it inside the cover of one of my cookbooks long before I even knew about Celiac Disease

Mix together in straight sided large glass mixing bowl:
  • 2 cups baking soda
  • 1 cup corn starch

Then slowly add while mixing

  • 1.25 cups water

Cook at 2 minute intervals, stirring every 2 minutes until it reaches the consistency of mashed potatoes. (It will build up on the sides of the bowl. Just mix it in. Decrease the microwave time if needed as it gets thicker.)

Then knead on counter till smooth. If needed, dust counter with cornstarch.

This can be used to make ornaments and maps. Takes about 1-2 days to dry or can dry in low temperature 200F oven. It can be painted. I have never colored it. However I looked at the ingredients in Gluten Free food coloring for frosting which basically contain concentrated colored juices, so can either try those food colorings or maybe juices from food that stains like beets, achiote/annato seeds, blueberries, etc.

Here's some links to other Gluten Free Play Dough (Haven't tried any of them yet)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home