KG's Gluten Free recipes, etc.

My collection of Gluten Free recipes, experiments, experiences and thoughts. I'm not very chatty. Just using this to share these recipes with family & friends and keep track of my recipes and changes.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Gluten and Egg Free Raisin Quinoa Flake (Fake Oatmeal) Drop Cookie Recipe

This Gluten & Egg Free Quinoa Flake Drop Cookie is sweet with a very good honey flavor.

Bake 12-15 minutes at 350F on oiled cookie sheets
  1. Mix dry ingredients together in separate bowl and set aside: 1 cup sorghum flour, 3/4 cup quinoa flakes, 1 tsp baking soda, pinch vanilla powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt.
  2. Beat wet ingredients until creamy: 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup honey
  3. Then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and blend well.
  4. Mix in 1/2 - 1 cup raisins. (Can add 1/2 cup nuts.)
  5. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet & bake.

Notes: Original recipe from back up quinoa flake box used rice flour instead of sorghum but I think sorghum has a nicer texture and flavor. It also had 1/2 cup of brown sugar but that was too sweet. I think 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon would taste really good in here, but the last jar I got (from the same manufacturer I had bought it from previously) made my sister sick when I put it in a recipe. Apparently it's contaminated and/or the manufacturing process has changed. Maybe I'll try grinding some cinnamon sticks.

10/17/06 Got tired of doing drop cookies so double recipe, added about 1 cup each of raisins and walnuts and baked about 25 minutes in oiled 13x9" pan. Turned out fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home