KG's Gluten Free recipes, etc.

My collection of Gluten Free recipes, experiments, experiences and thoughts. I'm not very chatty. Just using this to share these recipes with family & friends and keep track of my recipes and changes.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Lemon Melts, a shortbread type cookie

This is fairly easy to make. I didn't bother with the frosting. I think it would be a good cookie, like most shortbread cookies, to dip into milk or coffee while eating Nice lemon flavor. If you want the frosting recipe, look on p.290 of Bette Hagman's "The GF Gourmet Makes Dessert" I accidently added double the margarine so had to double the recipe.

10-15minutes, 350F, 2 ungreased cookie sheets.

Blend on low while scraping sides of bowl until firm ball forms
  • 3/4 cup margarine
  • 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
  • 1 envelope (2 tsp) plain gelatin
  • 1.5 cups cornstarch
  • 1 tsp. lemon zest
  • 1 Tbs. lemon juice

Make a log in plastic wrap and put in fridge for about 1-2 hours. Cut 1/4" slices and bake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home