KG's Gluten Free recipes, etc.

My collection of Gluten Free recipes, experiments, experiences and thoughts. I'm not very chatty. Just using this to share these recipes with family & friends and keep track of my recipes and changes.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Gluten Free Date-Nut Kisses, a semi-fragile meringue type cookies

This cookie is more like a traditional meringue cookie that powders in your mouth, while the previous caramel-pecan cookie is more chewy. I had to hand chop the dates because they were too sticky for my processor. I changed the cooking method from the one on p.293 of Bette Hagman's "The GF Gourmet Makes Dessert"

10-15", 300F, 2 oiled cookie sheets.

Beat on high to make stiff peaks
  • 2 Tbs. Just Whites
  • 6 Tbs. water
  • 1/8 tsp. salt

Slowly add while beating

  • 1 cup sugar

Fold in

  • 1/2 cup chopped dates
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets & bake. Then let sit several hours before removing from sheets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home